Associate Director – Interior Design
Lead by example heading up the interior design arm of HollandGreen, setting an impeccably high standard and ensuring our core aesthetic of beautiful high-quality design is realised in every project. Delivering the finest design solutions for our clients, building, and maintaining relationships and winning new business. Leading/mentoring others, identifying and championing skillsets to keep the team positive and productive, assembling teams for specific projects and overseeing all projects simultaneously. Assist the Partners with the daily running of the studio ensuring work undertaken is commercially successful, driving efficiency, exceeding clients’ expectations, and strengthening the reputation of the HollandGreen brand. Consistently staying ahead of trends and maintain excellent industry knowledge, being aware of the happenings in the Interior Design world, with emphasis on High End residential work. Ensuring that through upholding an exceptional reputation for design that HollandGreen is the employer of choice within the industry and the first choice for high-end, stylish, and unique interiors. An advocate of the HollandGreen core values, a role model for all junior staff, a professional and articulate voice of the studio and above all upholding the repute that HollandGreen is synonymous with outstanding quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Associate Director’s responsibilities and duties cover but are not limited to:
- Imaginative, insightful, and passionate about design and the process
- Mentoring, supporting, and developing the HG team in all areas
- Gaining, and retaining, the respect and support of the team to ensure a united, productive, and happy work environment
- Encouraging a commercial mind set and efficiency across the studio
- Covering all Partner responsibilities when partners are not present in office (in meetings /holidays etc)
- Covering Management meetings and team meetings when Partners are not present
- Taking ownership of individual, and team, profitability
- Ensuring the team are following process while constantly looking for improvement and efficiencies.
- Arranging and organising the workload of all staff (resourcing of projects)
- Carrying out regular (Monthly/Quarterly) reviews of overall projects
- Assisting with Business Development Strategies
- Involved in recruiting and interviewing of new staff as well as their inductions
- Being involved in meetings as required, preparing fee proposals
- Assisting Partners with fee proposals and budgeting
- Reporting monthly to Partners on team progress, profitability, areas of concern, area of development including recommendations
- Delivering an exceptional client experience
- Line Management of Associates
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required
This role reports to a Partner. All menbers of Interior Design Team report directly to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interior Design / Interior Architecture or similar
- BIID Accredited.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and visual
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise work and plan
- A responsible attitude with strong Leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to foster collaborative working
- Commercial outlook with a profit focused mindset, with new business winning capability
- A diplomatic problem solver
- A passion for people, processes, and creating exceptional work
- A broad knowledge of suppliers, material, fixtures and finishes along with an understanding of British standards and architectural detailing
- A valuable network of industry contacts
- Relevant design experience and delivery of high-end projects to completion with at least 8+ years industry experience
- Experience working with CMAP integrated project planning and project accounting software
- UK Driving Licence
As our ideal candidate, you will be able to hit the ground running and be confident working both individually and with others. You’ll be patient, friendly, and exceptionally well organised. We’re looking for someone who will, alongside the day-to-day tasks, really engage with, inspire, and nurture our more junior members of staff and play their part in ensuring the studio environment is a great place for us all to be. The successful applicant will need to have a broad knowledge and understanding of design styles to draw upon for different projects.
If you think that your skills, experience, and personality make you well suited to this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
The salary for this role will be commensurate with experience.