As a key member of our fast expanding team your primary focus will be to work closely with clients, our internal Interior and Landscape Design teams, as well as external professionals to ensure the smooth running of high end residential projects from Initial Concept Design through to Contract Administration on site. Our projects range from bespoke contemporary new builds through to sympathetic restoration of listed historic homes. Our design methodology is uniquely collaborative, with the client as the focus of the design process. We create bespoke, functional, sustainable and beautiful homes that are based on the methodical analysis and simulations of the unique way in which people wish to interact with the space around them. Experience in sustainable / zero-carbon design buildings would be a great advantage, as would experience of working with historic buildings. All with the ultimate aim of creating exceptional designs that mark us out from the crowd while providing a seamless service that exceeds our Clients’ expectations.
- Understanding your Client’s objectives, requirements and budget for the project.
- Advising your Client on the practicality of their project and offering advice.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the projects.
- Making sure that each stage of the project is progressing on time and on budget.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Production of tender and construction packages: drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Ensuring Clients are kept up to speed on their projects at all times.
- Coordinating work by external consultants & internally with the rest of the team.
- Manging tender processes: Documentation, issuing and analysing (in collaboration with a Quantity Surveyor)
- Site inspections: Liaison with contractors on site, responding to RFI’s, managing site procedures & producing documentation..
- Administrating JCT Contracts and Issuing all related instructions, documentation and certificates
- Any other ad-hoc responsibility that may arise as part of a project.
- This role would suit someone with between 3-5 years post qualified experience.
- Demonstrable experience in leading the delivery of medium to high-end residential projects for end users through all RIBA work stages
- A Passion for Sustainable Design.
- Outstanding technical design and detailing skills with ability to articulate high-quality and detailed schemes, thinking and working directly within a 3D BIM environment.
- Substantial hands on experience with site inspections, running meetings and managing expectations during contract administration.
- An intimate knowledge of JCT contract administration.
- Excellent and current knowledge of UK Building regulations.
- Experience and understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration.
- Excellent ArchiCAD skills and a clear understanding of it’s operation and outputs would be an advantage
- Good understanding and basic applied knowledge of sustainable design.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, alongside the ability to liaise effectively with other team members, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Keen interest in current and emerging technical and sustainability solutions and products.
- High levels of team spirit with a collaborative and positive approach.
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK and fluent written and spoken English.
This is a rare opportunity for the successful candidates to work as a part of a vibrant team within a fast growing and exciting company. The perfect candidate should have the right drive to progress their career with HollandGreen, contributing to the growth of the practice, as we support their development with clear short, medium and long-term objectives.
In return we will offer:
- A friendly and supportive working environment, based mainly at home- but with the option of working in our Thame Studio as and when needed.
- Flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks & milestones. This is delivered by self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals.
- Company Bonus Scheme – paid twice yearly
- CPD’s, in-house training and contribution to personal training and development
- Opportunity for role development
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme and other well-being benefits
Interested? Get in touch
If you believe you are the right person to join us, please email a copy of your CV with key projects & images and/or your online CV/Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us about yourself, your recent job experiences, your education and why you would be a good fit for HollandGreen.
Please get in touch directly, as we will not be accepting recruitment agency calls/emails. Thank you