What does the Feasibility Study cover?
If you are keen to further explore the design possibilities for your project and get a more detailed understanding of the planning, legal, time and cost implications, we recommend our Feasibility Study.
This document will explore a number of design options and the likely costs and timings, as well as the relative planning risks of each option. Following a meeting with you at the property to discuss your plans, we will prepare a detailed document to include the following:
- Generate concepts and sketch options to explore the best layouts to meet your brief, and explore different design ideas for the outside of the property. This will typically include hand sketches and possibly simple external 3D renders, based on any agent’s or other plans available.
- Advice on the relevant planning policies and legislation, and an assessment of the relative planning risks of the concept options.
- An assessment of any legal or tax implications including Party Walls, freeholder consents, and development taxes.
- Indicative costings to assess the likely construction costs and associated fees for the concept options.
- An indicative project programme for the initial design, planning, technical design and construction phases.
The Feasibility Study includes an initial meeting with you at the property, preparation of the detailed report (with the input of a Quantity Surveyor and Structural Engineer) and a further meeting with you at our offices to present the report. If you decide to proceed with the Feasibility Study following a Home Consultation, we will waive our initial £125 + VAT fee. Should you then engage HollandGreen after the Feasibility Study, the cost of the report is then consumed within the ongoing fees of the commissioned project.