Assistant Landscape Designer
To assist on projects through the entire design process, including, concept, design development, technical and tender, construction, planting, procurement, and final delivery. The projects will vary from small urban gardens to large rural estates.
Location: We work mainly from home – but have access to our Thame studio when needed.
Salary: Dependent on Experience.
Job Context and Dimensions
- Understanding your Client’s objectives, requirements, and budget for the project
- Advising your Client on the practicality of their project and offering advice
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the projects
- Making sure that each stage of the project is progressing on time and on budget
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Production of tender and construction packages: drawings, schedules, and specifications
- Ensuring Clients are kept up to speed on their projects at all times and reporting regularly on progress to Associates
- Coordinating work by external consultants and internally with the rest of the team
- Manging tender processes: Documentation, issuing and analysing
- Site inspections: Liaison with contractors on site, responding to RFI’s, managing site procedures & producing documentation
- Resolving any problems and issues that arise during construction
- Escalating any issues to Associates and the Management team that are likely to negatively affect the client’s view of HollandGreen
- Any other ad-hoc responsibility that may arise as part of a project
Knowledge & Skills
Degree or diploma in Landscape Architecture or Garden Design
- Good Horticultural and plant knowledge
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communications skills to communicate ideas, issues, and solutions. Client and supplier relationships are important to us, so you will need to be excellent in telephone, face to face and written communication
- Ability to work effectively both individually and with a team
- Strong CAD and Adobe suite skills. (ArchiCAD would be a benefit)
- Self-aware, responsible, and reliable. Able to take direction on designs and processes from senior team members
- Receptive; able to give and receive feedback constructively; flexible and open to new ideas and training
- Driven with a positive, can-do attitude; well organised; goes the extra mile; rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of technical design and detailing skills with ability to articulate high-quality and detailed schemes
- Good industry knowledge and network, keeping up to date with the latest trends, products and services
- 1-2 years’ UK experience in the delivery of high-end landscape projects in a garden design or landscape architecture practice
- Preferred; experience of developing both masterplans and technical/construction drawings and specifications; of translating designs into actual implementation
- Preferred; experience of site inspections and site supervision of independent contractors and specialists
- Preferred; experience of managing schedules and budgets to produce on-budget, on-time projects with researched and considered solutions to challenges
- Good project management and coordination skills with experience of working under pressure and completing work to the highest standard for deadlines
- Knowledge of sourcing garden furnishings and features, planting, specimen trees etc.
UK Driving Licence
In return we will offer:
- A friendly and supportive working environment, based mainly at home- but with the option of working in our Thame Studio as and when needed.
- Flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks & milestones. This is delivered by self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals.
- Company Bonus Scheme – paid twice yearly
- CPD’s, in-house training and contribution to personal training and development
- Opportunity for role development
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme and other well-being benefits
Interested? Get in touch
If you believe you are the right person to join us, please email a copy of your CV with key projects & images and/or your online CV/Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us about yourself, your recent job experiences, your education and why you would be a good fit for HollandGreen.
Please get in touch directly, as we will not be accepting recruitment agency calls/emails. Thank you