What other costs can I expect?
Whilst every project is unique, one of the first questions we are often asked is ‘What other fees can I anticipate?’ This is very difficult to answer as no two projects are the same, however we have tried to outline what other costs you can be expecting.
Below are a range of other typical fees that may be required for a residential project. We will be able to advise you if any of these are relevant to your project once we have completed the Home Consultation.
- Digital CAD Survey: Between £700 and £2,500 dependent on size of the property
- Statutory Planning Application Fees: Full Planning Application fee is £462, Householder Planning Application Fee is £206 or a Certificate of Lawful Development Fee (if your Project falls under Permitted Development) is £103. Please be advised that these fees do not include the planning service fee of £20.
- Building Control Plans check and site visits: Between £750 and £2,500
- Structural Engineer Fees: £900 to £20,000
- Party Wall Surveyor: £0 to £3,000 (dependent on the number of party walls)
- Thames Water Build Over Agreement: starting at £299 (Class 1)
- Bat surveys: Initial building inspection with report £500-750 (excl. VAT), suite of three bat activity surveys with report £1300-£2550 (excl. VAT)
- Quantity Surveyor: typically, 2-3% of project overall value
- Tree survey: £300-£400 for a Tree Survey inc. Tree Protection Plan (TPP) & Impact Assessment (this is an estimate for a site with 8 trees). The cost of a tree survey is likely to vary depending on the location of the site, the abundance of trees on site and other factors.
All of the above costs and fees are indicative and meant for guidance purposes – as mentioned previously no two projects are the same! We hope this gives you some guidance as to what you might expect, but please do get in touch if you would like specific advice about your project.