Part II Architectural Assistant
LOCATION: We operate a Hybrid working model allowing you to divide your time between home (2 days a week) and our Studio in Thame (3 days a week).
SALARY: Dependent on Experience
HollandGreen is an award-winning, multidisciplinary design practice across Architecture, Landscape Design, and Interior Design. We have developed an incredible portfolio of high-end residential projects in London, Oxfordshire, the Cotswolds, and the home counties. As well as a broad range of commercial projects ranging from multiple unit residential projects through to boutique hotels through our sister company Anderson HollandGreen.
Due to recent exciting growth, we are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Part II Architectural Assistant to join our team and be involved in projects across the RIBA work stages from concept to completion. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Part ll Architectural Assistant, who will be expected to take on important responsibilities within the team, as well as supporting our project leaders. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on some exceptional projects, and will be supported to grow and develop within the company as they help build the profile and brand that is HollandGreen.
Job Context & Dimensions
The tasks and responsibilities of this position cover, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with project lead to deliver projects from concept to completion
- Liaising directly with clients when required
- Building highly detailed 3D models in ArchiCAD using survey information
- Producing drawings and supporting documents for client presentations and planning application
- Producing technical drawings, specifications and packages for tender and construction
- Coordinating designs with in house interiors/landscapes teams and liaise with external consultants
- Visiting and oversee works on-site and provide support to project leaders on construction information and contract administration.
You will be guided by senior members of staff and report directly to the project leads you are assisting. Dependent on progress, you may be given your own small projects to run whilst under the supervision of senior staff members.
Skills & Qualifications
- ARB recognised Part 2 qualification in Architecture
- At least 2+ year experience in UK practice, preferably in residential or heritage sectors.
- Experience in ArchiCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office would be desirable
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning skills matched with excellent construction and UK building regulation knowledge.
- Enthusiasm and confidence to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects with high degrees of accuracy
- An ability to manage your own time and work to tight deadlines are key requirements for this position
- Great communication skills and able to build strong work relationships, internally and externally
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Enthusiastic, friendly and highly-motivated
- UK Driving Licence
In return we will offer:
- A friendly & supportive working environment from our Oxfordshire Studio in Thame, with the option for some home working
- Flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks & milestones. This is delivered by self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals.
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus Scheme & Company pension
- In-house training, opportunities to grow within the company & support through Part 3
- Employee assistance programme and other well-being benefits
- The opportunity to be part of some exceptional projects
Interested? Get in touch
HollandGreen is an equal opportunities employer. If you believe you are the right person to join us, please email a copy of your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please get in touch directly, as we do not work with recruitment agencies. Thank you