We have an award-winning track record of using the latest digital design technology to collaborate with our clients and deliver an exceptional experience throughout the design journey.
Designing your garden is an exciting and enjoyable process and we’ll work with you to tailor our services, outlined below, to suit the scale of your project and transform your outdoor spaces.
Our Garden Design Services
PHASE 1 – Consultation
– We start the process with an initial consultation and site visit to see the garden first-hand, spend time understanding what you would like to achieve and assess the needs for the garden.
– We tailor our design fees and services to suit the size and complexity of each project. Please feel free to contact us for more information or book a visit on 01844 390 381.
PHASE 2 – Design
– Feasibility Study – Following a measured survey, we produce initial 2D plans to explore different design options with mood boards to support the ideas. We will also explore initial budgets and your priorities for the build work.
– Concept Design – Once an outline design is in place, we take your feedback on board to update the plans and build a 3D model of the garden to help visualise the space.
– Developed Design & Planning – After further design reviews with you, we develop the plans and start to explore options for furnishings, lighting, planting, and material palettes tailored to your individual style and budget. We can also supply supporting documents for planning permission or to satisfy specific planning conditions if required.
– Detailed Design & Specification – Once plans are approved, we develop the information a contractor will use to cost and build the garden. This typically involves scaled plans, construction details, material specifications, planting plans, lighting, and irrigation plans.
– Tender & Mobilisation – A tender pack is then put together and sent to contractors to quote. We work with trusted contractors who we can recommend to bring the garden to life, or we are happy to work with a contractor of your choosing.
PHASE 3 – The Build
– The Build – We can provide site inspections and additional support all the way through to completion. This typically involves site meetings with clients and contractors as well as tree positioning and planting layouts.
– Procurement – Using our network of specialist contractors and suppliers, we are able to source all garden furnishings, garden features and trees and plants of the best quality within your stated budget.
– Handover – Once the garden is complete, we can provide additional advice and support as the garden evolves over time.
A garden that has been well considered and planned will mature and evolve beautifully to give pleasure and enjoyments for years to come.
How much does it cost?
After the initial site visit, we will be able to offer you a fixed fee for the first design stages which include Feasibility Study and Concept Design. The best approach is to establish an overall budget early on for us to work to, and we can guide you through this as part of the initial design stages.
Further design stages are often based on a percentage of the estimated construction budget. To give an indication, design fees can typically equate to 8-14% of the overall construction amount.
Examples of our design visualisations
If you need a garden design to extend your outdoor living space, or if you have finished the hard landscaping and need to transform the area with planting, we can work with you to create an outdoor space that seamlessly links with your property, sits well within the landscape and will be truly unique to you.
We happily partner with private clients, contractors and other architects and support you throughout the journey.
If you are also planning changes to your home or embarking on a new build, our Landscape Design Team can engage with our in-house HollandGreen Architecture and Interior Design teams for a truly holistic approach.
Contact us for an initial chat about your project and we can discuss the various options.