It’s Never Too Early to Start Your Garden Design
When embarking on a house build or renovation project, thinking about the design of your garden and outdoor spaces from the outset will really pay off and give a unity and extension to your indoor-outdoor living. Where’s the best place for your outdoor seating area and from which rooms does this extend? Do you need planting to offer privacy? Do you want separate areas for recreation, outdoor kitchen, spa or orangery to work cohesively around your property?
Involving a garden designer from the beginning can also flag and find solutions to problems such as drainage or site access – problems that if missed can be a headache further down the line.
We Work with Architects, Builders & Landscapers
HollandGreen Landscapes work with many other architects and builders, not just on HollandGreen architectural and interior design projects. We’re used to working alongside and collaborating with other appointed firms, bringing our expertise in landscape and planting design to the overall brief and working as part of the holistic project team.
Above: Landscape designer working in tandem with the architect, meeting the brief to maximise the spectacular views.
Above: Architect and HG Landscapes designer worked together following an integrated brief, maximising indoor-outdoor spaces and taking advantage of the wonderful south-facing situation.
The Benefits to Involving Garden Design in the Original Vision
- A collaborative approach – architect and landscape designer – will ensure a natural and seamless transition from inside to out
- Your outdoor living areas will be optimised to complement the architecture, materials and surroundings and ensure they meet your lifestyle requirements
- Our team can highlight the practical requirements of key design features early on in the build such as swimming pools, water features, fire and outdoor kitchens and even electric car charging stations
- Early planning means services such as water, power and gas supplies are set in advance and installed at the right time for a quality finish, not a last minute add on
- Where access is restricted, any oversized items such as large specimen trees or hot tubs can be installed before access is closed off
- Views of the surrounding landscape will be optimized and your garden will make the most of sun and shade
- Establishing a realistic Landscape budget at the start means you won’t face disappointment or have to compromise later on – or look out onto a mud field once your build is complete!
Above: HG Landscapes designers created a tranquil, Japanese-inspired garden in a palette of greens and whites that was brought into the house through glazing and a wide timber skylight in the open-plan kitchen. Read more about this project.
If you need a garden design to extend your outdoor living space, or if you have finished the hard landscaping and need to transform the area with planting, we can work with you to create an outdoor space that seamlessly links with your property, sits well within the landscape and will be truly unique to you.
A popular place to start for projects involving all three disciplines – Architecture, Interior and Landscape Design – is our Feasibility Service that helps explore the initial design language and budget options. Find out more in The HG Way.